A spectrum series matching the seven colours blue, green, red, yellow, orange, indigo and violet with seven places – one in each of the seven continents Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia, North America, South America, Antarctica. Each place is selected because it either has the colour in its title or has a strong relationship with a spectrum colour.
The process of colour mining unfolds as follows:
- I spend approximately three weeks in each place.
- I wear a pair of shoes in the corresponding colour, every day I am there.
- I keep a blog diary of the mining process.
- With the help of local people I mine for data in the form of photographs, film and audio recordings. All these acquisitions are logged and archived for future reference (they are donated to a local library, museum or heritage centre).
- A short film is created in response to the colour mining journey.